The purpose of this section of the site is to archive all the tweets with the #NASATweetup hashtag, thus preserving them for further analysis and archival. I am using the yourTrapperKeeper (yTK) PHP software on the server, which is a crawler that captures all these tweets through the Twitter API.
Streams being captured
- nasatweetup - gets the hashtag and mentions of the
- spacetweetup - gets the hashtag and mentions of the
- cnestweetup - gets the hashtag for the
@cnes_franceParis Ariane launch tweetup (CNES)
- dm3 - gets the hashtag for the
@ATKOutreachDM3 engine test tweetup in Utah (ATK)
- mars500tweetup - gets the hashtag for the
@mars_500Rome tweetup (ESA)
- atvtweetup - gets the hashtag for the
@esaand @cnes_franceToulouse ATV3 docking tweetup (ESA/CNES)
- isutweetup - gets the hashtag for the
@ISU_TweetStrasbourg ISU 50th anniversary tweetup (ISU)
- marstweetup - gets the hashtag for the
@oewfDachstein Austria Mars simulation tweetup (ÖWF)
If you end up adding another stream, please add it to this list.
- Main Twapperkeeper site for #NASATweetup archive. Contains a total of 226043 tweets as of 09-2011. Archive begins: 11-15-2009 http://twapperkeeper.com/hashtag/nasatweetup (one drawback is, cannot export tweets, whereas on this site you can)
- GRAIL Archive (Sept 7-10th, 2011) by
- JSC Tweetup (Feb 17th, 2010) http://twapperkeeper.com/allnotebooks.php?type=&name=&description=nasatweetup&tag=&created_by=
This software can export tweets in a number of structured formats, including: RSS, Excel, JSON, and a simply HTML table (with no formatting). Check it out!
When you view a stream archive, you can limit the query. Don't worry if you only see 10 tweets on the list. That is because by default it only shows 10, but you can select from the pull down and view more.
You can learn more about and get help with the yTK software here:
Tools to analyze data
Here are a list of tools that may be helpful if you don't know where to start in analyzing the tweets:
- NodeXL - a plug-in for MS Excel (only on PC's unfortunately) which allows you to see interactions on Twitter/Facebook and other social networks, great graphing and analysis techniques
- michaeldhealy.com blog post - measuring the reach of tweeps, using twapperkeeper
- social network analysis
- sentiment analysis - most tricky!